If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (336) 748-0250

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Don't Let the Flames Rise: Handling Grease Fires

1/5/2024 (Permalink)

Damaged walls after grease fire. A grease fire on the stove causes damage to walls and ceiling.

Grease fires are a serious kitchen hazard that can escalate quickly, turning a simple cooking task into a dangerous situation. The combustible nature of cooking oils makes it crucial for every home chef to understand the causes and prevention of grease fires. To minimize the risk, avoid leaving cooking unattended, use a thermometer to monitor oil temperature, and keep flammable items away from the stove. In the event of a grease fire, never use water – it can intensify the flames. Instead, cover the flames with a metal lid or use a fire extinguisher designed for kitchen fires. Stay vigilant, stay prepared, and ensure a safer cooking environment for you and your loved ones. Should you experience a grease fire, call your local SERVPRO®to assist in restoring your home. 

Other News

View Recent Posts